Tuesday 15 June 2010

FIFA WORLD CUP 2010: Day 4 (14 June 2010)

NETHERLANDS 2 - DENMARK 0

Missed this as I had opted to watch The Karate Kid with my son instead. No big loss and it wasn't the biggest of surprises. An own goal and Kuyt strike after some a good run by debutant Elia. Holland should top this group unless Japan and Cameroon can change things. Rating: N.A.

JAPAN 1 - CAMEROON 0

Cameroon were disappointing, with Samuel Et'oo employed out of position. Japanese defence was solid, and capitalised on a defensive lapse to score the only goal from Honda. Predictable headlines expected, so I'll add my own "HONDA MOTORS JAPAN TO THREE POINTS". Let's see what they can do against in Dutch. Rating: 3/5

ITALY 1 - PARAGUAY 1

World Champions my foot! The Azzuri are just not good enough to retain the Cup. Paraguay scored first and hung on till De Rossi's equaliser. Both goals came from set-pieces. New Zealand or Slovakia might just go top of this group. Rating: 2.5/5

No comments: