Tuesday 8 March 2011

SOME CULTURAL MEDALLION WINNERS SHOULD JUST GROW UP!

I read with great amusement and amazement at the ongoing spat between two of Singapore's Cultural Medallion Winners, supposedly very respectable and learned persons in Singapore society, who are presently embroiled in a defamation suit (Read all about it in today's The Straits Times).

It smacks completely of two children having a mudsling in a public playground. This is my take on what it all sounds like:
Hey, you Commie! WTF are you doing here?

Ah Beng! Kena sai, what are you talking about?

You jailbird... You curry rice eater... How many people have you sold out?

Kanina @#$&%, are you still staring at me?

Cannot, meh?

Wait till I tell my mummy about you!
I tell my MP, my NAC and my Straits Times!!!

So you dowan to friend me right?

Don't friend you oreddy, you CCB!

Boo hoo hoo..... See you in court!

Can't the two just kiss and make up?
And for goodness sake (and the sake of Singapore arts and the NAC),

PLEASE GROW UP!!!

By the way, the Cultural Medallion is Singapore's highest accolade in the field of the arts. It is awarded annually to deserving artists, usually by the President of Singapore at the Istana in a grand ceremony.

No comments: