Friday, 24 July 2026

PRE-CONCERT EATS: QIJI @ FUNAN MALL



Whenever I'm attending a concert at Victoria Concert Hall or The Arts House, and am short of time, this is where I'll have my quick eats. Funan Mall has a very wide range of food choices, however I am sometimes compelled to opt for the fast, tasty and economical. That is where the Qiji cafe (for want of a better word) comes in. There was one Qiji one the ground floor of the old Funan mall which I frequented, and its newer version is still handy although located in Basement Two now.



It's a short five-minute walk from the concert venues, and totally fuss free. My favourite dish is the Mee Rebus, which is on the sweet side but tastes very authentic, as if a motherly mak cik had prepared it on the spot. The Mee Siam and Laksa is very savoury too, while the Popiah regularly sells out by the time I arrive. Funan Mall deserves more time for makan, but when I'm in a hurry, Qiji deliciously provides the solutions.   

Next time, I'll try the Mee Siam,
or Laksa and Popiah. They're all good!


QIJI @ FUNAN MALL
107 North Bridge Road #B2-12


No comments: