This is the mala place we have frequented the most in the past years. Simple, it's located in Bukit Timah Plaza and has outlasted all the other mala places. Chuan Xiang Le is your usual China hotpot restaurant and does a good mala xiangguo. Usually I order to takeout, but on this occasion I decided to have a mala soup.
| Thank goodness the air-conditioning is in good working order. |
This outlet is generous with mala peppers, so minimal spiciness (xiao la) should be the default. Even with that modest amount of mala, my lips still stings and tingles long after the meal has ended. The portions are generous too, so there's no hurry to wolf everything down unless you have a show to catch. Take your time, that should be the credo for enjoying anything mala.
| What I ordered weighed about $10. |
CHUAN XIANG LE
1 Jalan Anak Bukit #01-CA2
Singapore 588996
(Take the external car park
which fronts the restaurant.)

No comments:
Post a Comment