Friday 11 March 2011

A Pianomaniac's Music Library

People have asked me about my library of CDs and music books. God forbid they actually step into the hurricane/warzone that is my den. My wife refers to it as my "cave", after all she did marry a caveman. In lieu of an actual visit, which is verboten in my cat-infested apartment, here are some photos of this royal mess, which I resolve to clean up sometime in the next decade or so.

I have done away with CD jewel cases, so all CDs are packed in slimline plastic folders and listed by composer, from A (Abril & Adams) to Z (Zemlinsky & Zwilich)

Neat, isn't it?

I still have a hundred or so LPs,
which I listen to very occasionally.

My MAD magazine appearance with Yo-Yo Ma
and some piano CDs.

Framed autographs of living composers:
György Kurtag, Harrison Birtwistle & Philip Glass

Some music reference books
and hidden posters.

A groaning pile of books
waiting to be read.

No comments: