This is the first vegetarian restaurant to be covered in Suka Makan. Being an omnivore, going to a vegetarian restaurant is not a common event. After the very few times I've been vegetarian, my usual reaction has been, "Needs more meat". I was put to the challenge this time by the Lee family, young pianist Mikkel Myer, his parents Bryan and Felina, and his teacher-mentor Tedd Joselson.
I've heard so much about Original Greens at Shaw Plaza, Balestier Road that I had to take up their kind invitation. This is a truly friendly place with a panoramic view of Balestier Road, and where Mikkel spends most of him away from the keyboard. Right away, I felt welcome and the menu looks wonderful.
| Mapo Tofu |
| Mala Dumplings |
| Two kinds of risottos: Wild Mushroom and Eggplant Unagi |
| Mala Seafood Pizza |
The concept is fusion vegetarian and no longer should it been said that vegetarians lead a boring feeding existence. All the dishes are very much like the best of Asian and Western cuisine, absolutely tasty except that no animals have been harmed. They also have a vegan option for most dishes, and this was what we opted for. No disappointments, only pleasure and the comforting feeling that no animals had to die for our dining experiences. Many thanks go to the Lees for broadening my experience, and palate.
| Yellow fungus dessert |
ORIGINAL GREENS
360 Balestier Road #04-07 K2
Shaw Plaza
Singapore 329783



No comments:
Post a Comment