Marina Square is so humongous that it takes almost an age to walk through it, but its near enough to Esplanade to consider going there for a meal before attending a concert. That was exactly what I did yesterday. One of my old favourites, Sarawak Kolo Mee, had moved out so I had to look elsewhere. Luckily I found that exact dish being served at Encik Tan just a few doors away.
Encik Tan is a chain food stall with multiple locations in Singapore, but its Marina Square site is well-placed and easy to find. Its open cafeteria concept allows one to find a place to sit, and ordering food is like going to a school tuckshop.
I found a version of Sarawak kolo mee, with its mix of char siew, minced pork and wanton, and had a casual meal, with still a lot of time to spare before the concert. Unfortunately, Marina Square will be closing for a major renovation after March next year, so this meal will soon be a memory.


No comments:
Post a Comment