Thursday, 3 September 2026

SUKA MAKAN: THE ARTISANAL TABLE @ RAIL MALL




I'm beginning to dig Rail Mall. I usually avoid places that use the word "artisanal", "bespoke", "deluxe" or anything with chi chi French names, simply because these connote high expenses, but made an exception for The Artisan's Table. Walking past the other day, I could not help notice its bright and cheery atmosphere, and small but welcoming menu.



So we came, and were impressed by its simplicity and general wholesomeness. The prices were also looked reasonable for somewhere that prides itself of being "artisanal". What does that even mean? Never mind, I was even tempted to have a cappuccino despite being more of a tea person.



We ordered two dishes to share, and both were excellent. First was the mackerel in olive oil, which was very savoury, and the Parma ham pizza was thin-crust and very delicious. Despite stuffing myself, I even had something to take home for a late night supper. Will definitely come back and try their other dishes.

Just the place to buy items to make
the most perfect high tea at home.


THE ARTISAN'S TABLE
474 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 678082

No comments: